Monday, August 9, 2010

Know

Doesn't it suck to know something and not be able to mention it? I guess that kind of sounds like a secret, so maybe this should be called "Secret". But it's not a secret! It's just knowing. Knowing something I wasn't supposed to know, because I found out and I saw things and someone gave me a clue...
Sharing knowledge is so exciting! It gives you a sense of power to know things that others don't or for example, to know things that people don't think you know. The feeling of trading stories and information is just something natureally loved by humans - I guess that's gossip. Maybe this post should be called "Gossip".
But that's not what I'm talking about either! Gossip is when multiple people discuss multiple things, and this is one thing, kept from one person. Moi.
I don't really care about not knowing - there's a lot of stuff I don't know but I end up knowing in the end. The people who kept it from me really had no business telling me, and it doesn't change anything. But it's so interesting, I would just love to share it with you.
But I'm not supposed to know.

1 comment:

Lola Bellybutton said...

well this is the thing, here. Of course now that you mention that you know something, I want to know it. But only because I don't know what it could possibly be, not because I think the information would in any way be beneficial for me. In fact, though it's often nice to know things people don't think you know, I find that it is often very harmful to know such things, for you and them. Ignorance is bliss, don't you think?