Monday, May 17, 2010

Stop

Where did these days go
Lives lost
To pride
And the unknown.

Power wasted
Choices made
Never taken back
Wisdom that I lack.

Words that I reuse
Ad nausium
So you can tell
These are my favorite words
But I don't use them very well
I just sit right here
Every night
And I write
Or I try
To create
Some dispension of hate
So that I don't walk in tomorrow
Ready to scratch someone's eyes out
And so I don't cry on the train
When there's nothing to cry about

And though I'm still stupid
I just don't wanna lose it
When I'm on my way to math
Please no premature ruin

There's no telling when this stops
It stops when my fingers
Stop punching out words
That explain my state of mind
And when the meaning just becomes
Searching for rhymes
I can stop myself there
And stop wasting my time

Stop this, stop that
Stop because I can't go
Go where
There's no place
But your face
That I know
Times feeling upside down again
But I feel tied in
Running into walls
Like an animal pen
And I'm just pacing up and down Columbus Circle
Looking out the glass
At the whole wide world

I wanna stop pacing
Because there's nowhere to go
But if I'm not going anywhere
Then I can't get hurt.

3 comments:

Lola Bellybutton said...

dude as i was reading this, i began singing it! u wrote a song, flower!

Mountain Spirit said...

wow that's awesome! i think to a certain extent I was writing this with song kind of in mind, or at least rhythm like one. a lot of my recent poems are that way. I'm glad you could find tune to it, because I don't think i can.

Lola Bellybutton said...

:)