Monday, September 6, 2010

End

This is the end... of my time writing here.
_______________________________________
I refuse
To be subject to the forces of habit
To be pulled back in like the tide
To give up like some weak-willed wuss
Or to be bullied into saying what I should say

Because regardless of what vocabulary I have
What I choose to say is what is going on in my head
And when I say it
It means
Who I am.

And sometimes you need that period
At the end of a sentence
For finality
Because sometimes leaving it too open ended
Leaves too much room for misinterpretation
This is something that needs to be understood clearly:
.

I've felt every way possible about this
There's not an option I haven't tested
Not a rocket I haven't seen come crashing down
But still nothing to show for it

Not much has changed and I wish it would
Ten months ago I was wishing myself out of a rut
Now I'm in it
A new one
And I want out again

So I can discover a new rut
To get caught in
Lost in
Forgotten
And re-found
Not just a rebound
Feeling like I should reread this
To see how it sounds
Feeling awkward 'cause somethings rhyme
And others just plain don't

As if looking over what I've already touched on
Was gonna help me discover what my next subject is
Sometimes you gotta ignore where you've been
And accept you're going someplace entirely different

So I dare myself to shut it out
And just say whatever non-related bull that comes forth
And I dare myself to cope with a mix
Of the old
And the new
Because it is the cowards who try to define
Spaces of time
And box people into them too
And box emotions
And memories
Commitments

Am I capable of letting this happen?
I'm ashamed of my reoccurring patterns
Like I said
I've tried everything

The worst part is the dependency
Which I'm showing right now
This horrible display of dysfunctionality
Apparently that's not a word
It should be.
That is me.

11 comments:

Lola Bellybutton said...

goodbye, darling. you were amazing. keep putting ur work up on restart, k?

Carmen said...

y this ist your end? :(

Mountain Spirit said...

hi... well i've been running this for a long time and i decided it was the right time in my life to end this. im about to start a new one though... i will post the link here in a few days.

thank u for reading :)

Movie World said...

yyyyyyy

K!r@n said...

hey sweety this is amazing...n itz ur new start...keep going...!!

123cannonbolt said...

nice music

Marshall Lynch said...

nice song it's amazing.

Edina MN Realty | Gift Baskets

Unknown said...

Ur poems are cool. what are you trying to get out of blogging.???

sharelot said...

Its very nice information I really like Thanks for sharing with me !!!!!!!!



Also click on these keywords :-- adt texas alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | Security Monitoring | burglar alarm |

Manegar said...

Hi ma'am, all ua articles are wonderful, can i be 1 of the author of blog and continue in this blog?

Unknown said...

Wow that was amazing. Please don't stop writing, it was really good.